Inter Milan head coach Antonio Conte says he will not hesitate to quit the club if the club chiefs are not happy with him and also made it clear he remains fully committed to the club despite questions arising over his future.
Conte was appointed head coach in the beginning of the season on a three-year contract to bring Inter back to the top.
But the Nerazurri has been having a poor run of form amid the resumption of the season and their 3-1 win over Torino sends the second on the Seria A table eight points behind Juventus with six games more to go.
Conte had previously been criticised by Fabio Capello over the performance of the team especially after their £150million spending spree in the transfer market and insisted more is expected of Conte at Inter.
Antonio Conte when asked about his future told Sky Sports Italia: ‘I started a three-year project and [my contract] lasts three years. After that, if they want to extend my contract… I’m happy, I know there’s a long way to go, but I don’t want to overstay my welcome.
‘If everyone’s happy with the job I’m doing, and I think that’s the case right now, from what I’ve been told, then I don’t see why we shouldn’t go on.
On Monday night, Inter were down with an early opener from Andrea Belotti as they were without £73million striker Romelu Lukaku but somehow found their way back into the game with goals from Ashley Young, Diego Godin and Lautaro Martinez.
‘We’re much less predictable than we were before as now we attack with more men. The result must crown the effort we put in and when it doesn’t, it disappoints me,’ Conte added.
‘We’ve been punished excessively by certain incidents, but we’re on the right track: playing attacking football and overloading our opponents’ box.’