The people of the Western Region are not happy as the coronavirus cases keep increasing at amazing rapidity. The records from the Western Regional Health Directorate depict that Western Region confirmed cases of coronavirus have ballooned to 233 as on Wednesday.
84 new positive cases have been recorded in the region so four, with 99 suspected cases, 213 contact tracing done, 1 recovery, and 1 dead.
Sekondi-Takoradi has 120 cases, Tarkwa Nsuaem 63, Effia-Kwesimintsim 18, Ellembelle 3, Shama 4, Prestea Huni Valley 4, Nzema East 10, Ahanta West 10, and Mpohor 1. However, Wassa Amenfi West, Jomoro, Wassa Amenfi East, and Wassa East have zero cases.
The latest figure represents a rise of 56.4 percent of the previous (149 cases)
The Sekondi Takoradi Metropolis remains the most hit, with one hundred and twenty (129) making it the epicenter of the virus in the Western Region. Thirty-nine (39) out of the 84 new cases were recorded in the Sekondi Takoradi Metropolis.
The recommendations postulated by the Ghana Health and WHO for all to follow to reduce the spread and fight the pandemic are;
- wear the facemask always, change when damp
- maintain two metres or more between yourself and others
- wash your hands frequently with soap under running water or use alcohol-based hand rub, especially after direct contact with ill people or their environment
- Avoid unprotected contact with farm or wild animals
- When coughing or sneezing cover mouth and nose with an elbow or disposable tissue, throw away tissue in a covered bin and wash hands right away with soap under running water
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes to limit the spread of infection
- observe self-quarantine rules to protect everyone