El Chapo’s spouse is arrested at Dulles Worldwide Airport and charged with smuggling medication into the US and serving to him escape from a Mexican jail in 2015
- Emma Coronel, 31, was detained at Dulles Airport in Washington DC
- Her husband ‘Chapo’ Guzman is at present serving life in jail in Colorado
- The top of the Sinaloa Cartel, he was convicted in February 2019 of trafficking
- Coronel, a former magnificence queen, is the mom of their twin daughters
- She is a US citizen, having been born in San Diego earlier than returning to Mexico
Emma Coronel, a 31-year-old former magnificence queen with each U.S. and Mexican citizenship, was detained on Monday.
She is going to seem in court docket on Tuesday, charged with taking part in a conspiracy to distribute cocaine, methamphetamine, heroin and marijuana for importation into the U.S.
She can also be accused of serving to her husband in his notorious July 11, 2015 escape by means of a tunnel dug beneath Altiplano jail, in Almoloya de Juarez, Mexico.
Emma Coronel, the 31-year-old spouse of ‘Chapo’ Guzman, was arrested on Monday
After Guzman was re-arrested in Mexico in January 2016, she is alleged to have engaged in planning one more jail escape, earlier than he was finally extradited to the U.S. in January 2017.
Guzman’s lawyer, Eduardo Balarezo, informed DailyMail.com he was not representing Coronel: it was unclear who her legal professional was.