Manchester United has had their £91.3m(€100) bid for Jadon Sancho rejected.
Dortmund demanded £108m for the attacker but United’s bid was £73m initial fee rising up to £91.3m which fell short of the German club’s valuation for the attacker.
Sancho did not travel with the rest of the Dortmund squad for the German Super Cup in Munich against Bayern as a result of “a respiratory infection.” He has however tested negative for Covid-19.
A bid was expected this week from the Premier League club but all seemed so noisy at Dortmund that Sancho would actually be staying in Germany according to reports.
BVB captain, Marco Reus earlier on Tuesday told Sky in Germany that Sancho will be staying for one more year.
Man United however, have not given up on trying to sign the 20-year-old despite missing out on the August 10 deadline Dortmund gave to complete the deal for the player.
Dortmund hierarchy even before and after the August 10 deadline remained firm on their stand that if the player’s valuation is not met, he will remain at the club but rumours circling suggest that United will submit a bid before the closure of the transfer window on October 5.
United had reportedly made a breakthrough with negotiations with the player’s representatives earlier this month with wages and agent fees no longer a problem for the Premier League club.
But Sky Sport has reported that Dhamesh Sheth told The Transfer Show Borussia Dortmund had been left ‘bemused’ with United’s attempt to sign Sancho.
United’s only signing of the summer is Donny van de Beek from Ajax but manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists they are still hoping to do business in the transfer window.
Should United make a breakthrough with the deal to sign the English forward, Ole’s hopes of adding a versatile winger to his team will come to pass and United’s attack will be a force to reckon considering Sancho’s abilities with Martial and Rashford already doing a lot in United’s attack.