The National Democratic Congress (NDC) has outlined 18 major manifestos that it will be implementing if presidential candidate John Mahama is elected in the December election.
During a press conference in Accra, the party’s national communications officer, Sammy Gyamfi described the upcoming general elections as a referendum on President Akufo-Addo’s performance.
According to Gyamfi, the president ” has failed to fulfil verbose promises he made to Ghanaians during the 2016 campaign”.
He noted that the promise of comfort and transformation made by the Nana Addo and his NPP has only become a dream.
“Today the cost of living for most Ghanaians is very high and unbearable because of the bad governance of President Akufo-Addo,” he said.
Sammy Gyamfi called on Ghanaians to choose John Mahama to implement the following promises.
- Pay of all customers of the collapsed microfinance institutions.
- Reduce the size of government by at least 40 ministers.
- Provide free Technical and Vocation Education from the Second Cycle to the Tertiary level.
- Institute a National Apprenticeship Program in line with his vision of rapid industrialization and job creation for the country.
- Cancel the 50% Communication Service Tax
- Construct 6 new regional hospitals for the newly created regions and improve the Western Regional hospital
- Construct modernised hospitals for districts without districts hospitals
- Institute a door to door healthcare service by outdooring a hospital ship called “Onuapa”. In addition, the party will revitalise the Onuador mobile van.
- Construct two (2) new international-standard Infectious Diseases Centers and two (2) additional international research centres.
- Avoid the stressful double-track system at the senior high schools through massive infrastructural development.
- Create university campuses in each of the six new regions.
- Abolish mandatory national service and obnoxious licensure exams for teacher trainees and reinstate the automatic employment.
- Restore the automatic employment of Nursing Trainee graduates.
- Restore the distribution of free cocoa fertilizer and chemicals to cocoa farmers in the country.
- Complete the Eastern Corridor roads, dualise the Aflao, Cape Coast and Kumasi roads among others.
- Complete all abandon hospital projects.
- Punish corruption and nepotism.
- Train, remunerate and empower assembly members to be responsible for the local level registration of births and deaths in their electoral areas, to improve the national population register.
Sammy Gyamfi also added that the party 2020 manifesto will be outdoor in August.