NYPD cop, 34, is discovered useless in his Manhattan condominium after capturing himself within the head – the second officer to commit suicide this month
- NYPD cop Rory Dahill was discovered useless at his Manhattan condominium Wednesday
- Sources advised DailyMail.com the 34-year-old was found on his mattress with a gunshot wound to his head and his firearm beside him
- Dahill, who joined the power in 2013, was discovered throughout a wellness examine at his house after he did not report back to work at his stationhouse in Occasions Sq.
- His loss of life marks the second officer suicide within the NYPD this month
- Weeks earlier on April 5, Deputy Inspector Denis Mullaney, who commanded the Queens 107th precinct, shot himself inside his police car in Queens
- Mullaney had known as one other precinct official to say he was suicidal, however pulled the set off earlier than they might find him
- Name the toll-free 24-hour hotline of the Nationwide Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255); TTY: 1-800-799-4TTY (4889)
An NYPD officer was discovered useless in his Manhattan condominium on Wednesday after fatally capturing himself together with his personal firearm, DailyMail.com has discovered.
Rory Dahill, 34, was found at his Stuyvesant City house at round 7:30pm, mendacity face down on his mattress with a gunshot wound to his head and together with his weapon beside him, in accordance with a supply.
The cop, who joined the power in 2013, was as a result of report back to work at his stationhouse in Occasions Sq. at 6pm.
When he failed to point out up that night, his household was known as and a wellness examine was performed at his house, sources stated.
Rory Dahill, 34, is the second NYPD officer to die by suicide this month. The cop, who joined the power in 2013, was discovered useless in his house from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his head on Wednesday night
The NYPD has seen a troubling rise in power suicides up to now two years. Simply weeks earlier on April 5, Deputy Inspector Denis Mullaney (left) shot himself in his police car in Queens. In February 2020, Detective Paul Federico (proper) 53, a 29-year veteran, died by suicide at his mom’s house in Queens
His loss of life is the second suicide within the NYPD this month.
It additionally comes someday after NYPD Freeway officer Anastasios Tsakos was killed by a drunk driver whereas on obligation on the Lengthy Island Expressway.
Dahill had paid tribute to his fallen colleague on Fb simply 24 hours earlier than he took his personal life, in accordance with social media.
And simply weeks earlier on April 5, a NYPD precinct commander died by suicide after capturing himself to loss of life inside his police car throughout from a park in Queens.
Deputy Inspector Denis Mullaney, 44, who commanded the Queens 107th precinct, had known as one other precinct official to say he was desirous about killing himself, a supply advised DailyMail.com.
Dahill’s suicide additionally comes someday after fellow NYPD cop Anastasios Tsakos (pictured) was killed by a drunk driver whereas on obligation on the Lengthy Island Expressway
The official instantly known as the NYPD’s Technical Help Response Unit to try to find Mullaney by the place of his telephone.
However by the point they managed to find him, he had pulled the set off, the supply stated.
Dahill had paid tribute to his late colleague on social media (pictured) about 24 hours earlier than taking his personal life
Mullaney is believed to the primary active-duty police officer to kill themselves this yr after an increase in police suicides over 2019 and 2020.
In March 2020, an NYPD transit cop dedicated suicide inside a Midtown police station through the use of one other officer’s gun to shoot herself after her personal service weapon was taken away from her by the division.
A month earlier, Detective Paul Federico, 53, killed himself at his mom’s house in Queens after being stripped of his gun.
Federico was a 29-year veteran of the power and was assigned to the police commissioner’s workplace.
He hanged himself within the Center Village house on 79th Avenue, sources stated.
In 2019, 10 NYPD officers took their very own lives, double the annual fee of earlier years, prompting the division to launch a brand new suicide prevention program.
There have been no less than 228 officer suicides nationally in 2019 alone, in accordance with Massachusetts-based nonprofit Blue H.E.L.P.
- If you’re a member of the NYPD in disaster or know somebody who’s, you possibly can textual content “Blue” to 741741 for assist.
- The Nationwide Suicide Prevention Lifeline supplies 24/7, free and confidential assist for folks in misery, prevention and disaster assets for you or your family members, and greatest practices for professionals. The quantity to name is 1-800-273-8255.