Two persons have sustained severe burns in a fire Outbreak at Caprice, a suburb of Akim Oda after their neighbors called Ambulance Service instead of the Ghana National Fire Service. The fire resulted from a gas explosion in one of the rooms of a compound house.

Four other rooms were burnt according to reports. The Birim Central Municipal Director of the National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO), Mr David Okyere said the fire burnt down the four rooms before the fire service could intervene.

Join Our Facebook Group Here
Library image

The property in the rooms were also burnt down into ashes. Two people have sustained severe injuries with five others sustaining minor injuries.

The two who sustained severe included one Mr Emmanuel Kofi and his brother whose name hasn’t been revealed. They have been transferred from the Oda Government Hospital to the Koforidua Regional Hospital.

The NADMO Director estimated property lost in the inferno to cost about Ghc 15,200.00.

Investigations revealed that, members of the compound house called 192 which is the number of the Ambulance Service instead of 191 which belongs to the Fire Service. The Ambulance Service arrived at the scene first due to the mistake.

Please follow and like us:

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here